NittanyWhiteOut.com: WE ARE! ... Ashamed!
NittanyWhiteOut.com
2008 Big 10 Basketball Poll
Big Ten Bloggers

ESPN College News
The White Out Experience
Penn State Blogs
WE ARE! ... Ashamed!
BallHype: hype it up! Friday, December 7, 2007
I did not intend to blog during the weekends, but recent events have not only disturbed me, but jolted me out of my weekend hiatuses.

I could stomach football players making boneheaded decisions. Its definitely unacceptable, but not as sickening as the two idiots who dressed up as shooting victims from Virginia Tech for a Halloween Party. I refuse to post the images simply because they do not deserve further recognition. The two, a male (
Nathan Jones) and female (Jessica M*), decided it would be a good idea to dress up as dead students from a massacre just as recently as last year. I have always deemed myself Penn State proud, but after finding out about these images in a phone conversation with someone in Boston who saw the images on television, I was starved for words. These two morons were unable to make the right decision a two year old could make when deciding to dress up as either the 'good guys' or the 'bad guys' for Halloween. I am ashamed to call them students at Penn State and understand any of the backlash that people around the country will soon shower upon this university. But do remember there are 90,000 of us. These two might not be the only idiots in town, but they are definitely not the majority. If I had my way, I would have them both expelled and tossed out on their rear ends in the freezing weather, but unfortunately 'free speech' gives them a wall to cower behind.

WE ARE! ... Ashamed!

*Updated (1/08/2008): I was contacted by Jessica with an apology to those affected and upset over the incident and parts of her email is posted. We at NittanyWhiteOut commend her for stepping up to the plate and apologizing for her actions. As 18-23 year olds, there is no doubt students make mistakes, some more evident than others, but it takes guts and courage to simply say "I'm sorry" which Jessica has done. We wish her the best of luck and time will heal all things.

Labels: , ,

posted by Nittany White Out @ 10:42 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At December 9, 2007 at 11:56 AM, Blogger Shawn @ SMB College Life said…

    I completely agree with your post. As a Penn State student myself I am so proud to be at this University. I am not proud of the fact the there are students in our proud student body who are so insensitive. I know that these tow students speak for themselves and do not have the support of the other 89,998 Penn State students. They should write a letter of apology to Virginia Tech, as well as being expelled from Penn State University. I remember the lines of Penn State students which wrapped around State College block on College Ave. when the Virginia Tech shootings happened. Tens of thousands of Penn State students were standing in these lines to purchase Virginia Tech Shirts because of our concern and support for a fellow University.

    I am proud to be a part of the Penn State student community, where we care about fellow students, universities, and people's well being. I believe that these two insensitive Penn State students should no longer be members of our great Penn State student community. They do not deserve to have the Penn State name written next to theirs. They forget how lucky they are to be here and I think the university should remind them! Kick them out and let them attend a community college somewhere. That should humble them pretty quickly!

     
  • At December 10, 2007 at 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree 100% with your assessment on Jones and Maroclo.

    Interesting that Maroclo - who has a psu email addie - remains silent while Jones - who may or may not be a PSU student - gives a rambling and self-absorbed telephone interview to a television reporter.

    "we are infamous at state college" says Jones. Like wtf?!!??? In his dream world maybe but not in the real world that is Penn State. Whatever his status before, he can now brag that he's about as famous as OJ.

    And just as clueless about how to act in public.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Share This On Facebook

 Subscribe in a reader

About Me

Name: Nittany White Out
Home: State College, PA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Penn State Blogs
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Northwestern
Ohio State
Purdue
Wisconsin
Blogroll
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2007 NittanyWhiteOut.com: Official Website of nittanywhiteout.com