NittanyWhiteOut.com: "I am speaking for myself"
NittanyWhiteOut.com
2008 Big 10 Basketball Poll
Big Ten Bloggers

ESPN College News
The White Out Experience
Penn State Blogs
"I am speaking for myself"
BallHype: hype it up! Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Remember the two students who made the mistake of dressing up as Virginia Tech victims for a Halloween party? The girl in the photos, Jessica has contacted us by email and issued the following statement which she has allowed me to share and hopefully help the healing process:
I wanted to tell you, that I am apologizing for wearing the costume. I am deeply
and sincerely sorry. I am sorry for hurting the families of the victims, Va
Tech students, Penn State students, and my family and friends. Sorry.

After a long conversation with my pastor, I came to the realization that it was
a horrible and tasteless idea—if I could take it all back I would … Turn
back time and wear an other costume I would.

I would like to apologize to anyone who was offended. I am sorry.

It was a really bad decision, I was not thinking clearly, and I do not agree
with what Nathan Jones thinks and says about his actions. I am sorry for
offending people and I am sorry for wearing the costume. I am speaking for
myself.
We at NittanyWhiteOut commend her for stepping up to the plate and apologizing for her actions. As 18-23 year olds, there is no doubt students make mistakes, some more evident than others, but it takes guts and courage to simply say "I'm sorry" which Jessica has done. The guy in the picture with her continues to argue his case under the delusion that people will warm up to his act of 'free speech'.

With fake bloody bullet holes in his head and Virginia Tech polo shirt, Nathan Jones knew his Halloween costume this year was controversial, and he doesn’t intend to apologize — “never ever ever.”

“I will die before I do,” he said.

We wish Jessica the best of luck following this ordeal and hope she can get her apologetic message across to those directly affected.
posted by Nittany White Out @ 8:42 AM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Share This On Facebook

 Subscribe in a reader

About Me

Name: Nittany White Out
Home: State College, PA, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Penn State Blogs
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Northwestern
Ohio State
Purdue
Wisconsin
Blogroll
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2007 NittanyWhiteOut.com: Official Website of nittanywhiteout.com